November 25, 2011

NO. 5

Click to View Larger

NUMBER 5
Goldilox jumps off of a waterfall that appeared out of virtually nowhere! (Haven't you ever watched a children's movie with a scene in the woods? The damn things are everywhere. Fox and the Hound. Homeward Bound. A Goofy Movie. The list goes on.) And I bet you were wondering what happened to Reat a few pages ago, huh?

That tiny meta-frame below the middle is my favorite. Where Lox is just a shadow. And Lox's expression when she lands on Papa is pretty maniacally silly if I do say so.

In my crits and meetings, this is the page people would point at to talk about Lox's accent. My studio mate hadn't heard "if'n" used as a word before and I don't think she thought I was serious until she got a text from a friend later that day who just so happened to use it.